Yi-Ta Chuang received his Ph.D degree in Computer Science and Engineering, National Chiao-Tung University, Hsinchu City, Taiwan, 2014. He currently served as a Postdoc Researcher in Partners for Advanced Transportation Technology (PATH), UC Berkeley. He works with Program Lead Dr. Ching Yao Chan in Berkeley DeepDrive experimental vehicle platforms, testing of deep learning technologies, and data. His research interests include autonomous driving, data mining, IoT/M2M platform, telematics, intelligent transportation systems and wireless networking.
Supervisor: Dr. Ching-Yao Chan
- Research Assistant, Institute of Computer Science and Engineering, National Chiao-Tung University, Hsinchu City, Taiwan (July 2013 – July 2014)
- Postdoc Researcher, Institute of Computer Science and Engineering, National Chiao-Tung University, Hsinchu City, Taiwan (August 2014 – )
- B.E. in Computer Science and Education (now Computer Science and Information Engineering), National Tai-Tung University, Taitung, Taiwan (September 2001~ June 2005)
- M.S. in Institute of Learning Technology, National Hualien University of Education (now Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Dong Hwa University), Hualien, Taiwan (September 2005~ June 2007)
- Ph.D in Institute of Computer Science and Engineering, National Chiao-Tung University, Hsinchu City, Taiwan (September 2007 – September 2014)
- Wireless Networking
- Data Ming
- Vehicular Network
- Intelligent Transportation System
- Reviewer, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Reviewer, IET Communications
- Reviewer, IEEE 17th International conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems
- TPC member, the 18th Asia-Pacific Network Operations and Management Symposium (APNOMS 2016)
- TPC member, the 19th Asia-Pacific Network Operations and Management Symposium (APNOMS 2017)
- BDD Human-Machine Arbitration Project, “Berkeley Deep Drive, UC Berkeley, 08/01/2016 ~ 12/30/2016”
- Simulation Model and Assessment of Advanced Vehicular Technology on Fuel Economy in Real-World Driving Environment, "Jointly Research Project of Hyundai Motor Company and UC Berkeley, USA, 08/01/2016 ~ 08/31/2017"
- Infrastructure Acquisition and Related Research, “Berkeley Deep Drive, UC Berkeley, USA”, 01/01/2017
Data Collection and Data Analytics
- “IoT/M2M Wearable-based Healthcare for Active Aging – Activity/Calorie Monitoring and Analysis at Home,” Industrial Technology Research Institute, Taiwan, RoC, B0-10312-HQ-01, 01/01/2015-12/31/2015
- “Design and Implement a Road Anomalies Monitoring System Based on Mobile Sensing Technology,” Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan, RoC, MOST 104-2221-E-009 -026 -MY2, 08/01/2015-07/01/2017
- “Cloud and Big Data Computing Platforms for M2M Communication Systems,” Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan, RoC, MOST104-2218-E-009-002, 08/01/2013-07/01/2015
Smartphone-based App Development
- “SPC-Cloud: Smartphone-based Probe Car Cloud System for Road and Traffic Information Collection and Analysis”, National Science Council, Taiwan, RoC, NSC101-2628-E-009-014-MY3, 01/01/2012-12/31/2014
- “V-Tour: Travel Guiding Services Based on Telematics Technology", Ministry of Economy), 98-EC-17-A-02-S2-0048, 06/01/2009-05/31/2010.
- “Research of High Performance On-Board Device Information Integration Based on Distributed Computing– Adaptive Crowdsourced-Based Sensing Model for Road Anomaly Recognition,” Industrial Technology Research Institute, Taiwan, RoC, U0-10402-2U, 01/01/2014-12/31/2014
- “Cloud and Big Data Computing Platform for M2M Communication Systems,” National Science Council, Taiwan, RoC, NSC102-2218-E-009-002, 01/01/2013- 12/31/2014
- “Cloud-based Green Traffic Control Technology in Urban Signalized Segments”, Industrial Technology Research Institute, Taiwan, RoC, 101-EC-17-A-05-01-1111, 01/12012-12/31/2012
- “iCapsule: Smart capsule-based service framework for wearable devices,” Ministry of Science Technology, Taiwan, RoC, MOST 104-3115-E-009-002, 07/01/2014-08/31/2015
- Multipath Data Transfer and P2P Streaming by Network Coding", Industrial Technology Research Institute, Taiwan, RoC, 99-EC-17-A-05-01-0626, 01/01/2010-12/31/2010.
- “Efficient Message Distribution by Network Coding in VANETs", Industrial Technology Research Institute, Taiwan, RoC, 8352BA4124, 01/01/2009-12/31/2009.
Google Scholar Citation
Selected Journal Papers
1. C.-W. Yi, Y.-T. Chuang, and C.-S. Nian, (2015) "Toward crowdsourcing-based road pavement monitoring by mobile sensing technologies," IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems. vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 1905 - 1917 (SCI, EI)
2. Y.-T. Chuang, C.-W. Yi, Y.-C. Tseng, C.-S. Nian, and C.-H. Ching, (2015). Discovering phase timing information of traffic light systems by stop-go shockwaves, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 58 – 71 (SCI, EI)
Selected Conference Papers
1. Ting-Hui Chiang , Yi-Ta Chuang, Chia-Liang Ke, Ling-Jyh Chen, and Yu-Chee Tseng, “Calorie Map: An Activity Intensity Monitoring System Based on Wireless Signals,” 2017 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC). (EI, MoE ATU Plan, MOST 104-2221-E-009-113-MY3, MOST 105-2221-E-009-100-MY3, MOST 105-2218-E-009-003, and Academia Sinica AS-105-TP-A07
2. Y.-T. Chuang, C.-W. Yi, T.-H. Wu, and C.-Y. Chan, (2014). "Model the vibrations of rack-mounted on-vehicle devices by underdamped oscillations," to appear in the 17th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC 2014), Qingdao, China, 8-11 October 2014. (EI, NSC101-2628-E-009-014-MY3 and NSC102-2918-I-009-004)
3. Y.-T. Chuang, and C.-W. Yi, (2013). Shockwave Models for Crowdsourcing-based Traffic Information Mining, IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, 2013 (WCNC), April 7-10, 2013, Shanghai, China. (EI, NSC101-2628-E-009-014-MY3 and NSC101-2219-E-009-028)
4. H.-P. Wang, Y.-T. Chuang, C.-W. Yi, Y.-C. Tseng, and P.-C. Liu, (2009). XOR-Forwarding for Wireless Networks. IEEE Global Communication Conference 2009 (GLOBECOM 2009) Nov. 30-Dec. 4, 2009, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
1. Jason Yi-Bin Lin, Chih-Wei Yi, Yi-Ta Chuang, Chia-Sheng Nien, “Real-Time POI Suggesting Method and Apparatus and Computer Readable Storage Medium with Computer Program to Execute the Method,” US Patent #US 20120296563 A1 (Pending)”, owned by III.
2. Y.-T. Chuang, C-S. Nian, C.-H. Ching and C.-W. Yi, “Method for Traffic Light Change Time Prediction,” TW Patent #I482127 (granted April 21, 2015), 2015.
3. Y.-T. Chuang, H.-P. Wang, C.-W. Yi, and J.-S. Hwu, “Method and apparatus for transmitting and receiving messages in wireless network,” TW Patent # I413383 (granted October 21, 2013), owned by ITRI.
- Yi-Ta Chuang, Chia-Sheng Nian, “2010, WAVE/DSRC Competition of Innovative Applications,” project title: “VANET-TMC,” 2010.