Yun Xiang’s current research focuses on Multimodal Transportation Systems. She is also interested in Intelligent Transportation Systems, Transportation Operations and Planning. Her research collaborator at UC Berkeley is Professor Wei-Bing Zhang of California PATH.
Yun Xiang received her B.S. and M.S. degrees from Northeast Forestry University, Ha’erbin, China, in 2004 and 2006, respectively. Since 2006, Ms. Xiang has worked as a lecturer at Nanchang Hangkong University. As a director of the Research Institute of Transportation Engineering at the Nanchang Hangkong University, she managed 3 research projects and 11 practical projects, including traffic engineering design, traffic safety, transportation planning. She is currently pursuing her Ph.D. degree in Transportation Engineering at Southeast University, Nanjing, China. Since 2017, she has been a visiting scholar at UC Berkeley's Institute of Transportation Studies and California Partners for Advanced Transit and Highways (PATH).
1. Xiang Yun, Li Zhibin, Wang Wei, Chen Jingxu, Wang Hao, Li Ye. Evaluating the Operational Features of an Unconventional Dual-Bay U-Turn Design for Intersections, PLOS ONE, 2016,11(17).
2. Xiang Yun, Wang Wei, Wang Hao, Li Ye, Zheng Dunyong, Liu Bing. Mode split rate of freight transportation in comprehensive transportation system, Journal of Southeast University (Natural Science Edition), 2015: 45(6), 1197-1202.
3. Xiang Yun, Wangwei, Zheng Dunyong, Wang BaoJie, Hua Xuedong, Wei Xueyan. Dominant Transportation Distance for Multi Transportation Modes in Regional Integrated Freight Network, Journal of Transportation Systems Engineering and Information Technology, 2016:16(6), 33-39.
4. Xiang Yun, Wang Wei, Wang Hao, Weixue Yan, Li Peiqing. Analysis Method for Dominant Transportation Distance for Freight Based on Mode Split Rate, Presented at 96th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, Washington, D. C., 2017.
5. Xiang Yun, Wang Baojie, Wang Wei, Wang Hao, A Bus Progression Model based on the Control of Transit Dwell Time at Stops and Running Speed, The 3rd International Conference on Transportation Information and Safety, 2015, 341-344.
6. Xiang Yun, Wang Hao, Li Ye, Wang Baojie. Study On Macro Regularity and Control Strategies of Road Traffic Accidents-Take Jiangxi Province for Example, The Fifth International Conference on Transportation Engineering, 2015, 2717-2725.
7. Xiang Yun, Xing Lu, Wang Hao, Xu Yanan. Research on the mainline-ramp cooperative control algorithm of highway using improved ALINEA model. Journal of Jiangxi Normal University (Natural Science Edition), 2015, 39(6): 631-636.
8. Xiang Yun, Wang Baojie, Han Shangyu. A Bus Arrival Time Prediction Method for little stop spacing. Journal of Nanchang Hangkong University (Natural Science Edition), 2015, 29(4): 78-84.
9. Li Ye, Wang Hao, Wang Wei, Liu Shanwen, Xiang Yun. Reducing the risk of rear-end collisions with infrastructure-to-vehicle (I2V) integration of variable speed limit control and adaptive cruise control system，Traffic Injury Prevention, 2016.
10. Li Ye, Wang Hao, Wang Wei, Xiang Yun. Complexity and applicability analysis among OVM, GFM and FVDM models，Journal of Southeast University(English Edition)，2015, 31(3): 424-442.
11. Sun Yuwu, Yao Hongwei, ZouYun, Xiang Yun, Wang Hao, Wan Qian. Research on a Freight Modal Split Model Based on Transportation Distance，The Fifth International Conference on Transportation Engineering,2015,402-409.
12. Wei Xueyan，Xu Chengcheng，Wang Wei，Li Ye，Xiang Yun. Capacity Analysis and Model Development of the Multilane Freeway. Journal of Transportation Systems Engineering and Information Technology，2017:4(2),105-111.
1. Participate in writing “Determination and Control of Engineering Cost”, as a chief editor. (Published by China University of Petroleum press, August 2014)
2. Participate in writing “Guidelines for the Preparation of Safety Supervision and Special Construction Scheme of Large Dangerous Engineering Projects”, as a key editor. (Published by China Building Industry Press, August 2012)
3. Participate in writing “Engineering Economics”, as a key editor. (Published by Science Publishing Press, December 2009)