Professor ZHAO’s research interests are mainly focus on vehicle system dynamics and control and intelligent vehicles. The main research projects include:
- Vehicle platooning, vehicle longitudinal and lateral control, v2x technology, etc.
- Vehicle thermal management system and control, optimization of radiator, electric vehicle battery thermal management, etc.
Prof. ZHAO’s research collaborator at UC Berkeley is Steve E Shladover.
- 2004-present, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Guizhou University. Currently, Professor, Vice Dean ;
- 2007.9–2010.9, Majored in Automatic Control and Computer Engineering, LAGIS, Ecole Centrale de Lille, France, Ph.D Degree ;
- 2005.3-2006.3, Dept. of Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Kitakyushu, Japan, Visiting Scholar ;
- 2001.9-2004.7, Majored in Automobile Engineering, School of Mechanical Engineering, Guizhou University of Technology, Guiyang, China, Master Degree ;
- 1990.9-1994.7, Majored in Automobile Engineering, Dept. of Automotive engineering, Chongqing University, Chongqing, China, Bachelor Degree
- Qing SHI, Jin ZHAO, L. Han, Y. Ning and G. Wang, Dynamic lane tracking system based on multi-model fuzzy controller, 2016 IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation, Harbin, 2016, pp. 873-877.
- Jin ZHAO, X.Q. Ma, M.J. Li, Coupled Heat Transfer and Experimental Study of Waist Tube Radiator [J], Journal of China Mechanical Engineering, 2016,16（27），pp2166-2171
- Jin ZHAO, R.C. ZHAO, F. HE, Vehicle lateral states estimation using Kalman-Bucy filter，Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering 198, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013，pp227-235
- X.N. ZHANG, Jin ZHAO*, G.W. WANG. Coordinated Throttle and Brake Switching Control and RCP Design Based on dSPACE for Intelligent Vehicle, in Int. International Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Design (ISCID 2014). Hangzhou, Dec. 2014. pp577-580
- G.W. WANG, Jin ZHAO*, X.N. ZHANG and R.C. ZHAO. Multi-model Fuzzy Controller for Vehicle Lane Tracking, Proceeding of the Int. IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems Conference, (ITSC2014). Qingdao, pp.1341-1346, Oct. 2014
- Jin ZHAO，RC ZHAO, Analysis of Fuel Economy of Autonomous Vehicle Platoon，Proceeding of the Fourth International Conference on Transportation Engineering (ICTE 2013)，Chengdu，2013,pp980-986
- X.Q. Ma, Jin ZHAO*, Study on the Effect of Tube Type to the Heat Transfer Performance[J], Machinery Design & Manufacture, 2015,8, pp210-213
- X.N. ZHANG, Jin ZHAO*, Tractor-semitrailer Soft Measurement Based on Kalman Filter, Journal of Instrument Technique and Sensor, 2014,5, pp69-72
- Jin ZHAO, A. El Kamel. Coordinated Throttle and Brake Fuzzy Controller Design for Vehicle Following. In ITSC2010, the 13th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Madeira Island, Portugal, pp 659-664, September 2010.
- Jin ZHAO, Gaston Lefranc, A. El Kamel. Lateral Control of Autonomous Vehicles Using Multi-Model and Fuzzy Approaches, In IFAC 12th LSS Symposium, Large Scale Systems: Theory and Applications, Villeneuve D’Ascq, France, July 2010
- Ting Wang，Jin ZHAO*. BPR performance evaluation method based on DEA/AHP hybrid model. Transaction of Beijing Institute of Technology, v30, n11, pp1378-1382, November 2010.
- Jin ZHAO, M. Oya, A. El Kamel, A safety spacing policy and its impact on highway traffic flow. In Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, 2009 IEEE, Pages 960-965, Xi’an, China, June 2009
- Jin ZHAO, A. El Kamel. Integrated Longitudinal and Lateral Control System Design for Autonomous Vehicles, In ICONS 2009, The 2nd IFAC International Conference on Intelligent Control Systems and Signal Processing, Istanbul, Turkey, September, 2009
- Jin ZHAO, A. El Kamel. Multi-Model Fuzzy Controller for Lateral Guidance of Vehicles, In CSCS-17, The 17th International Conference on Control Systems and Computer Science, Bucharest, Romania, May 2009
- Jin ZHAO, Masahiro Oya, et al, The Impacts of the ACC System on Highway Traffic Safety and Capacity [J], Journal of China Mechanical Engineering, 2007,18(12):1496-1500.
- Qiang Wang, Masahiro Oya, Jin ZHAO. Toshihiro Kobayashi, Adaptive Lane keeping control of vehicles, SICE Annual Conference 2005 in Okayama, Okayama University, Okayama, Japan, Aug. 2005
- Jin ZHAO, et al, Study on The Dynamic Model of a Mixed-Mode ER Damper [J], Construction Machinery and Equipment, 2005,10
- Jin ZHAO, et al, Simulative Study on Dynamic Model for an Semi-Active Suspension Using an Electrorheological Damper [J], Journal of Guizhou University of Technology, 2004,5