Dr. Wang’s current research includes advanced vehicular technology assessment on fuel economy and human machine arbitration in Automated Driving System. She is also interested in Traffic Simulation, Data Analysis, Intelligent Vehicles, and Road Safety Evaluation. Dr. Wang’s primary research collaborator at PATH is Research Engineer, Ching-Yao Chan.
Dr. Wang is a postdoctoral researcher at California PATH, UC Berkeley. She earned her Ph.D. degree in Transportation Engineering from Tongji University, China, in 2016, and Bachelor’s degree in Transportation Engineering from Shandong University of Science and Technology, China, in 2010. Her doctoral research focused on Cooperative Collision Warning System and related topics including wireless communication, collision prediction algorithm and crash data analysis. She also did big data analysis on vehicle driving patterns with MapReduce when she was an intern at BMW Group, China, in 2016.
- Pin Wang, Ching-Yao Chan. Vehicle Collision Risk Prediction at Intersections based on Comparison of Minimal Distance Between Vehicles and Dynamic Thresholds. Proceedings of Transportation Research Board, National Research Council, Washington, D.C., 2017.
- Pin Wang, Junhua Wang, Shou’en Fang, Chan-Yao Chan. Trajectory Prediction for Turning Vehicles at Intersections by Fusing Vehicle Dynamics and Driver’s Future Input Estimation. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 2602, Washington, D.C., 2016, pp. 68–77.
- Pin Wang, Ching-Yao Chan, Junhua Wang, Shou’en Fang. An Examination of Traffic Patterns at Signalized Intersections via Use of a Network of Discrete Sensors, Proceedings of 2016 World Conference on Transport Research, Shanghai, China, 2016.
- Pin Wang, Chan-Yao Chan, Ajith Muralidharan, Shou’en Fang. Sample Size Study Based on Correlation Analysis of Traffic Flow Data at Intersections. Advances in Transportation Studies, Vol. 37, 2015, pp. 65-76.
- Pin Wang, Shou’en Fang, Lanfang Zhang, Junhua Wang. Vehicle Collision Detection Algorithm at T-shaped Intersections Based on Location Based Service. Proceedings of the 2015 International Symposium on Frontiers of Road and Airport Engineering, Shanghai, China, 2015, pp. 308-317.
- Pin Wang, Lanfang Zhang. Study of Subjective-and-objective Method of Road Safety Assessment Based on Driving Simulator. East China Highway, Vol. 4, 2015, pp. 102-106.
- Pin Wang, Lanfang Zhang. Verification of Road Safety Evaluation Method on Mountainous Highway Based on Driving Simulator. Transportation Science and Technology, Vol. 4, 2015, pp. 118-121.
- Pin Wang, Shou’en Fang, Lanfang Zhang. Trajectory Prediction for Left-turn Vehicles at T-shaped Intersections Based on Location Based Service. Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Transportation Information and Safety, Wuhan, China, 2015, pp. 29-33.
- Pin Wang, Shou’en Fang, Junhua Wang. Impact of lane width of mountain highway on vehicle lateral position and speed. Advances in Transportation Studies, Vol. 32, 2014, pp. 51-64.
- Pin Wang, Shou’en Fang, Junhua Wang. Effect of Visual Range on Driving Speed on Low-grade Highway. Procedia-Social and Behavior Science, Vol. 96, 2013, pp. 1175-1184.
- Pin Wang, Shou’en Fang, Junhua Wang. Analysis of Driving Reliability under Non-free Flow Condition. Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Symposium on Autonomous Decentralized Systems, Mexico, 2013, pp. 1-5.
- Pin Wang, Junhua Wang, Kun Huang. The Analysis of Driver’s Static Reliability. Journal of Jiamusi University (Natural Science Edition), Vol. 30, 2012, pp. 43- 54.